Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend Recap

These Mondays sure do just pop up don't they? Or at least it seems that way after a great weekend! My best friend from UVA, AB, came to visit me this weekend, and we had the BEST time. She arrived on Friday night, and we headed to the Mondrian in SoHo. I'd been to their club before for a private party, and we had a friend hosting an event there. It's exactly what you picture a swanky NYC private club to be; dark, sexy, foggy, girls the size of my pinky, and overpriced drinks. But hey, you're only young once!

After a way too adventurous night for us, we ate a quiet breakfast outside at my local market before heading to the Met. AB had never been before and the art history nerd in me loved getting a chance to show her around and explain some of the works. Lots of pictures below!
Sitting on the Met steps 

Stopping in front of our favorite American exhibit 

Gorgeous ceilings

Medici pottery 

Knights

She found her knight in shining armor! 


European Painting Gallery-one of the my favorites at the Met
After our run at the Met, we met up with one of our other friends, FL, and she strolled with us down Madison and into Barney's. We had a great time creating wish lists in our heads. 

Sigh. 

It was so wonderful getting to spend lots of quality time together, catch up, eat, and have a ton of fun. I miss her already!
Ps: Big shout out to this guy for being an excellent chaperone all weekend and bringing me the prettiest hydrangeas :)








4 comments:

  1. Y'all are so cute! I love that painting from the European gallery--SO pretty! It looks like y'all had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends with the best friend is always the best! You both are gorgeous, and I totally ordered that dress just now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos! Looks like such a fun weekend!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete