Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Bathroom Organization

** Warning, very practical and adult-like post ahead, might be boring to some***

Living in an apartment can be hard (especially with a boy in a city), but it can have it's perks. One of those perks is that it really forces you to narrow down what you do and don't need, since there certainly isn't any room for anything extra.

I'm trying to organize section by section of our apartment, the first currently being the bathroom. We actually have a lot of storage space in there, and I'd like to store things in a way that looks both pretty and organized. A doesn't seem to get the make-up and Q-tips need to look pretty factor (must be a girl thing!). Ps: How hard is it for this only child to share a bathroom with a boy? Hard!

We have a very tall medicine cabinet that's perfect for products used everyday. I've become obsessed with New York medicine cabinets.
Via


I love this idea for our big under the sink area. It has no shelves so being able to layer boxes filled with extra products on top of one another would be perfect.
Via

Right now my hot hair tools are in a basket, but I think this would be a better fit. 

Our counter space is also limited and A does get annoyed when I crowd it with trays and things. So, I've decided to leave it fairly clear and keep my acrylic make-up organizer under the sink. 
Via
We have a storage closet in the bathroom that has several shelves and doubles for both bathroom items like extra towels along with cleaning products. Thinking about picking up some items to help organize the towels.
Via

And finally, one day I hope to have my own bathroom again so I have plenty space to leave and display things like this around.

Via

Ps: I have the most gorgeous bathroom at my parent's house that depresses me all the time. I can literally watch TV while doing my hair. Counter space. Sigh. 










6 comments:

  1. I HAVE to have a pretty and organized bathroom also. It drives me crazy when things are out of place. Sharing a bathroom (especially with a boy) is tough. I feel your pain girl! Lots of organized baskets help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the absolute most difficult thing about our Hoboken apartment. I went from having my own huge bathroom with double sinks (I mean who even needs a double vanity when you live alone) to sharing the smallest bathroom I'd ever seen with a very messy boy. It was difficult but really forced me to be organized. I like the boxes under the sink idea. We had something similar and it worked really well. Love that organizer for your hot tools. I saw one on PB Teen's website a while ago that is a gorgeous off white and can be monogrammed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year will be the first time I don't have to use the communal bathroom in the dorms, instead I'm sharing a bathroom with just one other person. I'm definitely going to have to use some of these tips to organize the bathroom necessities of two girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh yes... I will be moving to the middle of a large city soon for residency, and am not looking forward to going from an overly spacious one bedroom to a tiny studio for more than the price. Eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have a great set up in there!!! Love the bathrooms at your parents' house too so so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my big bathroom at home too. My new apartment I just moved into has a tiny bathroom and next to no counter and it's a hard adjustment!

    ReplyDelete