Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
I know many incoming college freshman are really worried about staying in touch with their high school friends. I've been able to stay in touch with these lovely ladies for the past three years (jeez I'm getting old):
They all even came to visit me for The Foxfield horse races last Spring.
So how do you stay in touch? How do you make new friends yet keep in touch with your old ones?
1. Call! Call your high school friends while walking between classes. Even if it's just to tell them a quick funny story they will appreciate it.
2. Facebook. Comment on their pictures, write on their walls, stalk away! I see nothing wrong with stalking the heck out of my own friends.
3. Keep a Facebook message thread. We all have a giant group thread so we can post funny weekend stories.
4. Letters. I love receiving letters and cards. If you have had a particularly busy schedule, write out your life story in a letter and send it to one of your best friends! They will love you for it.
5. Spend as much time together when at home as possible. All Summer long I hang out with my girls at home at least three times a week. Even if I'm tired after work, I know I'll end up being happy after going to dinner with them.
6. Do something creative! Jewish princess and I mailed a teddy bear back and forth our first year of college.
If you keep up with all these things I promise you will maintain all of your old friendships and make tons of new friends at the same time!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Well this has been one eventful week. An earthquake, a hurricane, and most importantly a giant Lilly sale. This is the loot I picked up!
|Betsy dress, murfee, and callahan shorts.|
|Um.... just noticed this on the back of my callahans. This is right on my rear! I hope no one notices!|
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Hi bloggy friends! It's finally time to reveal my new apartment. Here we go!
|Living room. Isn't it beautiful?!|
|Country Diva's mom made this Lilly clock for us!|
|Country Diva created the Lilly coffee table and wine bottle vases|
|Our pet fish Alfie!|
|This dresser given to me by my godmother was the inspiration for the room as whole. Light colors, feminine, and classic with a few bright and modern touches.|
|Bedding and decorative pillow from Horchow|
|Desk nook to the left|
|One of my favorite parts of my room is the desk nook. I also keep my printer on storage shelves so I can stash extra paper.|
|Love my bulletin board|
|Fun desk accessories|
|Next to my bed I love to display some of my favorite artworks that I picked up at the National Gallery along with a vintage mirror. See the wicker storage unit? Perfect for towels and extra bathroom supplies.|
|My nightstand and dresser.|
|I love mixing the classic tray with the fun boxes. And how cute is the picture of my girlfriends from home and I in the glam frame?|
|Facing my dresser is my closet|
|It's organized but packed! Hence why I always keep its doors closed.|
|My bookshelf. I love it! I keep my favorite books, pictures, ZTA items, and more on display.|
|My favorite shelf of my bookshelf. The tray was a gift from my parents ,and I love that picture of the Equestrian and I at the Foxfield horse races.|
|Bye Bye! The back of the door is so great for hanging coats.|
The Equestrian's Room:
Her room is Equestrian! It's beautiful and classic with soothing colors and many Equestrian touches. I'll give you a few glimpses.
|Her gorgeous and very comfortable bed. Bedding from pottery barn.|
|Bookshelf filled with treasures.|
|Her chic desk area.|
She and I share a bathroom:
The Wasian's Room. Her room is classic black and white with touches of pink and a fab Audrey Hepburn poster as well.
Country Diva's Room. Her room is filled with bright Lilly pops of color. She is so crafty she did much of the artwork herself.
|Her fun pink and green bed|
|She painted the dress mannequin herself!|
|Lots of bright touches|
|Lampshade-also painted by her!|
Monday, August 22, 2011
The Equestrian and I really have problems. Class doesn't start until tomorrow so we have been lounging. We vowed not to shop so much this year but already just in one day,
|Went out to lunch|
|Went to Jcrew|
|Got our nails done-hello "Come to Poppy"|
Hopefully once class begins our bad habits will stop. I can't make any guarantees though!