Thursday, March 10, 2011
1. A tiny brioche topped with creme fraiche and roe.
2. Thin slices of various raw fish (my Dad normally is not a fan, however, these slices were so well salted and seasoned you would have barely known they were raw!).
3. Sea urchin-my first time trying it, and I love it! All I can say is that it tastes like the beach-sandy yet sweet.
4. Scallops with a coconut sauce.
5. Spanakopita croquets-spinach and feta in a fried small croquette-mouthwatering, I could have had 40 of these.
6. Ravioli filled with an egg and topped with bacon-to die for.
7. Mini hot dogs-so adorable! About half the size of a real hot dog. This gourmet little dog included sausage made in house, a brioche bun, and was topped with wasabi.
8. Foie gras-I'm not a big fan in general but my Dad thought it was delicious!
9. Fire roasted dates filled with marscarpone and topped with olive oil and sea salt-one of the best things I have ever eaten hands down. The combining of buttery, fruity, salty, sweet, and creamy was unbelievable. It was a sensational overload and would have made a lovely dessert as well.
10. A handful of pasta-penne with spinach and lamb ragu, sounds simple but the flavor of tomatoes in the ragu was stunning.
11. The main course-roasted goat and pita bread. The goat literally melted in my mouth-it was seasoned lightly and served with lemon and several sauce options on the side. The pita bread was so fluffy it felt like heaven.
12. Desserts-a tiny biscuit with cream and sliced apple, biscuits with a lemon sorbet, and a small chocolate square topped with peanut butter and sea salt-all sound simple but the flavors in each were exquisite and rounded out the meal.
A homemade lollipop was given at the end-precious!
Things I Loved
1. The food-obviously.
2. The relaxed setting-I would recommend wearing business casual attire however the atmosphere itself is relaxed.
3. The "ginger" ale-homemade ginger ale with REAL ginger. So refreshing.
4. The simple white china that came in various shapes and sizes.
5. The mixing of fancier foods like sea urchins with mini hot dogs.
6. The fabulous service.
7. The view into the kitchen where you can see the chef....who is so cute:) And only in his 20s. Anyone want to marry a chef now? I do!